Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Foggy Day; But There's Progress

Meet Eddy, Daniel, and Larry...my heros..and look, no plumber's cracks...I love these guys..they are the problem solvers, southern gentlemen (as in"Please, Ma'am, may I use the facility?")...and wonderful carpenters..(and, they love Missy). Our deck is now up to code..and I don't have to worry about small children, or medium-sized dogs falling off the upper deck..we also did the railings, but left the lower deck without spindles, as it would be ideal to put a screened-in porch there (not us, the buyers..which buyers?).
The fireplace chase(es) have been torn apart, reassembled, and covered with the C-1-ll cedar wood...just look at that staircase...(doesn't take a whole lot to get me excited)..the gutter guys for the back deck are coming next week, and the our Rob the electric guy will be here on Monday...replacing all exterior, and many interior lights...I am always very cost-effective while still getting "the look".

The lake takes on so many personalities, depending on the season and the weather...we have a local muscrat (spelling?), who ate the seats and carpeting out of our neighbor's boat, but seems to like us..(we have a metal rowboat, how bad can it get?)....
I love living on water, especially, after six or is it seven, long years of drought...that said, I have to visit my much-neglected garden out by the stables (about five miles from us)...between being ill, working on the house, and a deluge of rain, the weeds are winning, but I do have sweet, tiny cantaloupes, honeydews, and "personal" watermelon growing, along with weeds up to my armpits...time to go and see if I can save it.
We have our challenges, but we are blessed to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment