Monday, December 22, 2014

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlepeople

The Holidays are upon us, and I've been doing floor cloths...no time for a big tree, but have "done up" the house for the holidays.
My 93 year-old mother-in-law insisted we move into her home of 30 years, and she find a smaller home (3/10ths of a mile away..no stairs) nearby.  She eats dinner with us most evenings, and she's enjoying not having the upkeep on a larger home..we have much to do, but I always loved her red doors....the wreaths were hers, but I added a bit of "us" to them.
 I found these wonderful "Dickensien" bookends at an estate sale (I painted the carafes with Pebeo, French paints.
Dear, Sweet Aunt Lillian left us a Dickens bowl and platter...I put these two to work...
Due to technical difficulties, our "Heat & Glo" fireplace was doing neither (up until today..hooray), but, the mantle was glowing, so that was good.
Didn't do the big tree this year, but the white, tinsel one is reflected nicely in the mirror in the dining room.
  I did this painting of "Shadow" when we lived in Texas...I miss my dear deer.
It is all about light this time of the year...I wish for you light in your hearts, your homes, and that the light of peace (please Lord) shine down in the darkest places on Earth.
 Our "rescue" dog, "Lil Missy" (we call her "Mistletoes) agrees...actually, she rescued us...from a time when we came home, and this sweet face wasn't looking out the window, welcoming us.
God Bless

2 comments:

  1. You are so gifted with an eye for the beautiful, as well as how to capture beauty with your camera. Wow and more wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, truly, coming from a talented writer, and maker of lovely things and lovely thoughts...Hugs and more hugs!

      Delete