Monday, March 24, 2014

Looking at Life Upclose

Georgia O'keefe did it.....and she saw beauty where many of us just glance and say, "how pretty", without really looking closely.
Whether it be the zinnias that I grew last year in my garden, where everything else was lost....
 Scattered amongst the weeds, tall grasses, and a few "volunteers", my zinnias were proof that they are hardy, yet lovely.
Everything I've learned about color is from Mother Nature's pallet...(okay, there is the color wheel, and how complementary colors work...), but, Nature got there first.
Yesterday, at the check-out counter of our market, there were lovely, blush-pink roses for 50cents each...It graced our table last night, and was as lovely as a dozen, expensive roses.  It's not about the cost, it's about the beauty.
 I'm pretty sure Georgia would have loved to have painted this.......
Look at something, until it looks back at you......

No comments:

Post a Comment