Sunday, December 22, 2013

It's Nearly Here!

While much of the country is experiencing snow, floods, freezing rain, ice storms; we on the Cumberland Plateau have been having thunderstorms and wind and rain..(with tornado warnings thrown in for good measure). 
Having lived in Wisconsin and Massachusetts (not to mention Colorado), I have had my share of cold, snow, ice and months of freezing temperatures.  I'm fine with where I am.
No big tree this year...I decorated two for a charity that I feel needs it more than we do.  But, I couldn't resist adding touches to make our home more festive during these dreary days and cold nights.
We live in the woods in a mountain resort, so, a few pine branches and pine cones, make a festive, yet peaceful feeling for our front porch.  My husband's late brother, Steve, did the sculpture, and we cherish it...Every now-and-then, I sprinkle some bird food on it, and they flock to it...I know Steve would have liked that.
The bittersweet has moved from the front porch to my foyer....(I am big on reusing...

I made several wreaths for a local shop "The Screen Door", which I love to do, and was pretty burned-out, but, again, I couldn't resist....just one more....for our home...

I couldn't resist the little "Princess Penguin", and since I had quite a bit of Epson Salts left over from last Christmas...(it makes a wonderful, sparkly snow), and plenty of cake stands, and this-and-that...I went for it...
She's from a wonderful place I discovered in Knoxville..."The Paris Apartment"...I'm going back after Christmas, and see what I can get at sale prices..they are delightful, but expensive.

And so, from me to you...a Merry Christmas...may it be blessed with joy and good health.
 

4 comments: